On-Boarding To The Guild

What do I need to know ?

Now that you are a Guild member you can start and join raids. There are a few types of Raids that can be started.

Client Raids = Paid project work from a client usually outside the Guild. Head to HQ and check out the Templates.

Member Raids= Projects that Guild members champion and decide to work on together (Paid or Unpaid)

Internal Raids = RIP, Paid project work that is deemed essential to the success and development of the Guild.

How to start a client Raid ? Talk to the client, Gather detials (Scope of work, Timeline, Budget) find Dev’s in #Who-is-avaliable channel by using @warrior/archer/wizard/etc

Fund management see #treasury channel, we use Gnosis Safes.

Where can I find more resources ?

Who are the members of the Guild ?

• Head to Airtable for the full member directory with contact info, ETH addresses, and skills.

What are the roles of Guild members ?

• These are your choices at present, it is up to you to assign these roles to yourself, select as many as apply, now that you are a full fledged member.

If you see a missing role that you would like to add, bring it up in the weekly round-table meeting !

2 Likes

A lot of people have been asking me things like this lately “where do I find out more about RaidGuild, what do you do with the pledged funds, how do raids work”

So I drafted this quickly as a TL:DR

How Doth RaidGuild Raid

RaidGuild is A Decentralized Collective of Mercenaries Ready to Slay Your Web3 Product Demons. Yet, we are even more than that, we are community built around a Moloch DAO, made up of members of many other communities.

We support the development of open-source tools for the good of the human experience. We beleive in the power of open-source to improve coordination and make a positive impact on the planet. Thus, we ship things that we beleive will help expand the use of open-source technologies, we work to create opportunties for expanding the audeince of P2P technologies such a Blockchains, DAO’s, etc.

We don’t just talk about cryptocurrencies and decentralized technologies, we use them, build them, and share them with others everyday.

Why Pledge, Where do My Funds Go ?

The reason that we ask members to pledge is to ensure that all members of the Guild have Skin-in-the-Game. The funds are used for internal RIP’s that any member can put up for a vote using the Discord channels and an on-chain vote. All proposal must receive support in the form of rough consensus before being put on-chain, any member will voting shares has the right to block a proposal if they disagree with the proposal or the use of those funds.

Since RaigGuild is a MolochDAO you are allowed to RageQuit your funds at any point in time without the approval of other members.

How to Raid with The Guild ?

There are many ways into the Guild, surely more ways will arrise in the future as we expand. At present these are the easiest routes to become a member:

Pledge: To pledge you must purchase 10 DAO shares by heading to our Moloch DAO if your proposal is approved you’ll be granted the 10 shares you requested and become a full voting member.

Apprentice: To apprentice you must earn your way into the Guild picking up issues in the public channels marked #apprentice. You’re contributions will be tracked and recorded until you reach the minimum amount to receive a single share. From there you will be expected to earn your remaining 9 shares through existing raids.

Members of the Guild play many roles read more about RaidGuild roles here

Why to Raid with the Guild ?

People join the Guild for many reasons, including but not limited to: access to more freelance work, jamming on code with other Web3 dreamers, beefing their Twitter bios, gaining access to the collective brain behind the Guild, tapping into a highly active group of interdisciplinary developers etc

You must decided whether you want to join the guild, we cannot convince you, nor will we try…

What is a Raid ?

A Raid is a cluster of individuals who form a working group to accomplish a set of tasks (Design a Website/ build a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, make funny memes etc ) raids can be paid or unpaid. We accept raid requests from clients outside the guild or they can be sponosored by the Guild itself, known as an RIP.

What is a Guild ?

A guild is another name for a DAO, historically a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power. / An association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

Original doc, open for suggestions of changes.
https://hackmd.io/MbVhUmedR3CqEqkBWo3pPw

Hey Yalor,
Goiing through some of the documents you all set up here. Thanks for doing that! Question…I can’t connect to the airtable - every time I click the link it takes me to my home and not to the Raid Guild Airtable